Thursday, February 11, 2010

Magic in the Woods

So one day a couple of years ago I was walking on the rail-trail, alongside the river in back of my house.


I thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye



I went closer... what IS that?



Are you kidding me? It's a little door on leather hinges!

Inside is a little troll, and a tupperware container with a note that says, "Take a trinket, leave a trinket". It was wonderful! Somebody had planted a little treat box for those who look for magic in the woods. Well since that day, our trail has turned into Troll Trail; according to the newspaper, there are now 15 troll houses in total. Last week I found two more of them.


I'm not going to open this last door and show you... you'll just have to come and discover the contents for yourself...

2 comments:

  1. How cool is that? I love it when people do anonymous little things like this. We all need pleasant unexpectedness in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really neat! Across the street from where I live is the perfect tree that I always felt needed a door such as this. Maybe I should just apply one with something behind it? I really like this too.

    ReplyDelete